We have an urgent position as “ NURSERY MANAGER “ to be based in NEW ZEALAND for our client. The candidate should have minimum of 8-10 years of experience
The company has its main nursery, processing sheds and offices at NEW ZEALAND with a number of growing sites in the surrounding district. The key objective of this position is to ensure that nursery administration, management, sales, plant production and landscape operations are managed.
Ensuring the infrastructure, plant and equipment are maintained and operating efficiently at all times.
Nursery infrastructure includes production beds, irrigation systems, pumps, buildings, lighting, fences & wind breaks. Plant and equipment includes vehicles, trailers, wheelbarrows, benches, trolleys, pallets and tools.
The manager’s role is to keep the company dynamic by participating in promotions, marketing products and services, education and staff training, attends conferences to raise the company profile and complete estimates, quotes and tender documents for Kiwi Plants products and services.
The manager is responsible for the education and training of all staff to meet the highest standards possible
1. Development, installation & maintenance of company infrastructure and equipment
· Liaise closely with all staff regarding scheduling, deadlines and daily, weekly, monthly and yearly tasks
· Assist all staff in developing new nursery infrastructure as requested
· Monitor and train staff to take responsibility for all maintenance tasks to ensure resources are available in good working order.
· Take responsibility to staff
· Ensure staff undertake regular maintenance of nursery assets, including, irrigation systems, buildings, display beds, tracks and paths, company vehicles
· Ensure staff undertake maintenance of tools and equipment to be in good working order; e.g. sharp secateurs, spray equipment in good working order and all chemicals properly stored
· Ensure staff keeps buildings, sheds, bathrooms, storage areas and grounds tidy.
· Ensure staff have environmental and ecological awareness and keep recycling / rubbish / compost areas clean and tidy.
2. Nursery production support
· Monitor and train staff in all aspects of nursery production management and operations.
· Monitor quality standards throughout all operations
· Support plant production leader and staff as required
· Assist with monitoring and training of dispatch and delivery of plant orders
· Monitor Irrigation work routine
· Monitor and train, root trainer and planter bag production process’s
· Monitor and train for collection of seed, processing, storing and sowing seed
3. Landscape Operations support
· Monitor and train staff in all aspects of landscape management and operations.
· Support landscape leader and staff as required.
· Monitor budgets and productivity.
· Monitor quality controls and standard methodologies and practices.
· Liaison with all clients and customers to facilitate customer satisfaction and payments.
· Oversight on project drawings and specifications, and project planning at all levels.
4. Health & Safety
• Monitor and train staff to be totally familiar with company health & safety policies and plans
• Together with the staff OS+H representative, inform all staff where any changes or improvements can be made to improve health and safety
· Monitor and train staff to undertake all necessary tasks
· Monitor and train staff and consultants to complete administration and information technology tasks.
· Monitor sales invoices and financial statements, daily, weekly, monthly and for each year.
· Daily, Monthly and Yearly planning
· Weekly self-plan and plan for other staff supervised
· Data entry of asset and stock inventory
· Update of plant stock levels weekly
· Oversight of dispatch notes for all stock leaving nursery
· Collection of all incoming documentation and processing appropriately.
· Monitor weather daily and plan accordingly
· Record daily tasks in diary
6. Person specification
Enjoy working in the office and outside including in all weathers Accurate with figures
Good team worker, willing to co-operate Punctual, good time keeper
Hard worker, conscientious, high levels of productivity Cheerful, positive disposition
Good, confident communicator, tidy writing Well organized, tidy, computer literate. Respects others in the team, no bad language Fit, good health
Clean driving licence
7. Training & Education
· Growsafe certificate, Chemical Handlers Certificate, NZHITO Assessors Certificate.
· 30 years relevant industry experience at all levels
· Heavy Truck License
· NZHITO Two (2) Trade Certificates in Nursery Production and Amenity Horticulture Advanced Level 4
· Business Administration Certificate Level 5
· Sales and social marketing experience.
· Masters Degree is a must
8. Human Resources
· Undertake all aspects of human resources as required.
· Facilitation of staff incidents.
· Undertakes yearly job appraisals
Should have proven track record of verifiable experience. Excellent work environment. . Good communication skills in English a must.
If you would be interested in working in New Zealand then kindly send your updated resume to the Email address below: naresh@ personnelnetworkgroup.com